In 1845, Dresden-based watchmaker Ferdinand Adolph Lange set up his manufactory in Glashütte and played his part in laying the foundations for what would eventually become Germany’s watchmaking cradle. Alas, with the 20th century around the corner and two world wars to be fought, those grand days were short-lived. After World War II, the company was expropriated and nearly ceased to exist. That is, until 1990, when Walter Lange, Ferdinand Adolph Lange’s great-grandson, picked up the mantle alongside the one and only Günter Blümlein to revive the company that bore his family’s name. Today, Lange’s watchmaking is an exclusive one that only produces a few thousand wristwatches per year, all powered by movements engineered by Lange.