Introducing the Zenith Chronomaster Revival Liberty, a North America ExclusiveBy Revolution
Proving that history repeats itself, Zenith relaunches a timepiece that looks as modern today as it did during its initial launch. It’s an authentic reproduction of the 1969 original; the sophisticated 37mm vintage size is notable. The stainless steel Chronomaster Revival Liberty is no mere copy. With less than two weeks until one of the most decisive elections in American history, Zenith releases a patriotic red, white, and blue limited edition of their beloved A384 El Primero reference from 1969.
1969 was quite a year, an influential time still having a considerable impact on contemporary culture today. Similar to the global unrest of 2020, the late 60s was a period of enormous change. A few examples:
● Richard Nixon becomes president.
● The Boeing 747 makes its first commercial flight.
● Midnight Cowboy becomes the first (and only) X-rated movie to win a Best Picture Oscar.
● The Stonewall Inn is raided in New York City, launching the global gay rights movement.
● David Bowie released Space Oddity.
● The Apollo 11 Moon Landing takes place where Neil Armstrong walks on the moon.
● Charles Manson and his Manson Family murder Sharon Tate in Los Angeles, Ca.
● The three-day Woodstock music festival takes place in Upstate New York.
● The Beatles released Abbey Road.
● Political and civil unrest continue due to protests of the Vietnam War.
● Pele scores his 1,000th goal.
● Andy Warhol creates “Interview” magazine.
● The Jackson 5 make their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show.
The bold design, the of-the-moment gradient blue dial, appears as if it was also from the 60s. The matte blue dial features white chronograph counters and a central chronograph second hand-painted with red and white stripes. Red numerals and red stitching on the strap complete the look. Limited to 150 pieces, the Chronomaster Revival Liberty is exclusive to North America (the USA and Canada) and Zenith’s American online boutique.
Updating production plans for the Chronomaster from more than 50 years ago, exacting details get faithfully reproduced. The curved tonneau-shaped case, domed sapphire crystal, and display case back reveal the legendary El Primero automatic high-frequency caliber with a power reserve of upwards of 50 hours.
Regardless of political party affiliation, Zenith’s red, white, and blue Chronomaster Revival Liberty definitely gets our vote.
El Primero 400 Automatic, 36,000 VpH (5 Hz), 50 hours of power reserve.
37mm stainless steel, blue gradient dial with white counters, and tachymeter scale.
Blue “codura effect” strap with red top-stitching. Stainless steel pin buckle.
CHF 8,900, USD 8,7000
Ref. 03.US384.400/57.C823. Exclusive and Limited Edition for the North American markets, Automatic El Primero column-wheel chronograph. Limited Edition of 150.