Pre-Basel 2018: Jacob & Co. Gets FuriousBy Keith W. Strandberg
One thing about Jacob Arabo, founder and head of Jacob & Co., is that he can never leave well enough alone. The Twin Turbo was introduced in 2016 and turned heads for its unique sporty look, while featuring twin tourbillons and a cathedral gong minute repeater.
This year, Jacob takes the Twin Turbo a step further with the “Furious” edition, which adds a mono-pusher chronograph, with reference time, to the mix with great effect.
Oh, yeah, the turning of the tourbillon cage has been sped up this year, from eight minutes to just 30 seconds. Now, the tourbillons do the following: they rotate on one axis in 24 seconds, in eight seconds on the second axis and in 30 seconds on the third.
In addition, the minute repeater is now a decimal minute repeater, chiming the hour, the ten minutes and the minutes on demand with two gongs.
I can’t wait to see the Twin Turbo Furious, and all the other great watches from Jacob, in person at Baselworld.
Jacob & Co. Twin Turbo Furious
- Movement: Manufacture Jacob & Co. Manual Winding JCFM05; 832 components; Double Triple Axis Sequential High-Speed Tourbillons; Decimal Minute Repeater (Hours, 10 minutes and minutes); Integrated Chronograph, Horizontal Column-Wheel, Mono Push Start-Stop-Reset; 50-hour power reserve
- Case: 57x52mm 18K Rose Gold 5N and Carbon Fiber; 88 case components
- Water resistance: 30 meters
- Dial: Smoked Sapphire with “Jacob & Co.” Logo
- Strap: Black leather with 18K rose gold deployant buckle
- Limited Edition: 18 pieces
***Editor’s Note: Triple axis tourbillon high speed rotation in: 24sec, 8sec and 30sec it becomes an annual show. Rest assured that Revolution USA will be a big part of it.